» How to create a Dexsql.log file to troubleshoot error messages in Microsoft Dynamics GP
When you receive an error message in Microsoft Dynamics GP, a Dexsql.log file is a helpful tool that can frequently provide more information to troubleshoot issues. If you can re-create the error message, the Dexsql.log file can capture this information.
To create a Dexsql.log file, follow these steps:
- Open the Dex.ini file. By default, this file is in the following location:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\Data
- Locate the following statements in the Dex.ini file:
- If the statements are currently set to FALSE, change the statements to TRUE, as follows:
- Start Microsoft Dynamics GP. If Microsoft Dynamics GP is already started, exit Microsoft Dynamics GP, and then restart it.
- Re-create the scenario in which you received the error message. Stop before you receive the error message.
- In Windows Explorer, open the Microsoft Dynamics GP application folder that you opened in step 1. Locate the Dexsql.log file. Delete or rename this file.
- If you do not see the Dexsql.log file, click View, and then click Refresh so that you can see the new file.
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP, complete the final steps to re-create the error message. You now have a new Dexsql.log file in the Microsoft Dynamics GP application folder.
- Open the Dex.ini file, and then reset the statements to FALSE or to the original settings.